Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chicago, Chicago, that toddling town...

Well it sure was an adventure getting here, but it was worth it to visit Grace! The saga started with a haz-mat spill on the highway outside my school which delayed dismissal. Another teacher watched my kids so I could get on the road and an hour later (after taking the mustang off-roading to make a u-turn) I actually got on the highway 1.5 miles from my school. Barely made it to the airport in time to grab dinner and had a great chat with a lady and her family on their way back from visiting their soon-to-be adopted daughters in Central America (they were the first 5 people on the 40 person stand-by list - so glad I didn't miss my flight!). After gate-checking my bag and not the smoothest flight I've ever taken, I arrived safely in Chicago, exchanging the new 75 degree sunny weather in Houston for 45 degrees and rain.

Grace and Mom went shopping for maternity clothes for me when Grace was in PA for spring break last week - so I did a fashion show while Grace opened birthday gifts. Thanks Mom and Grace!

Today after church we took a much-needed nap and then Matt and Grace drove me into Chicago for a tour of the city. Saw lots of neat things like Wrigley Field and several buildings and roads used in the recent Batman movie. We ended the day with Chicago deep dish pizza, a chocolate chip cookie pizza complete with whipped cream and ice cream for Grace's birthday, and just took her birthday cakes out of the oven. Tomorrow it's off to church for Grace's internship, class, more shopping, band rehearsal, and probably food in there somewhere!

In other news, my nausea is subsiding (praise God!) but is being replaced with heartburn and dizziness. The adventure continues! What a blessing it is to have daily reminders of the miracle happening inside me... otherwise I'd have to look at the ultrasound photos all the time to convince myself that I'm pregnant :) I can't wait to feel the baby moving!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had too many physical symptoms during this pregnancy. But I can't remember ANYTHING! My friend says that is "preggo-brain", but it is definitely annoying :-) Also, I have these really wacked out dreams...who knows?

    ReplyDelete