Tuesday, March 23, 2010

You Might Be Pregnant If... #2

My list continues, back by popular demand :)

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES! I love you so much!

Ok... now for the pregnancy humor...

You might be pregnant if:


*You start identifying with "Sam" (from Lord of the Rings) with wanting six full meals instead of just three. Currently I can't remember his clever names for them... second breakfast, etc...

*Instead of avoiding maternity sections in clothing stores for fear of someone asking when you're due, you go straight there and wait for somebody to recognize you.

*Clothing that shows off how big your tummy is becomes pretty appealing.

*For the past three months you've had constant nausea. Then in the space of 36 hours it's completely gone but replaced with random bouts of heartburn and indigestion.

*There seem to be a lot more commercials about stretch mark creams... and you pay close attention to the differences among all the products.

*Speaking of stretch marks... yesterday you didn't have any and today you wake up and find twelve.

*Inappropriate topics of conversation become commonplace, even with complete strangers ("how much weight have you gained?" "wow, what bra size is that?" "wait, HOW old are you?")

*Everybody and their mother has an opinion about what/how you should be eating/wearing/carrying/exercising/etc. Note, this is helpful information when it asked of a trusted friend or family member, but the voluntary suggestions and the chiding is getting old already! And I've heard it only gets worse when the baby gets here...

*You seem to be in training for the loss of your personal space (preparation for the human-jungle-gym function of motherhood, I believe) while adults routinely walk um and touch your stomach and check out your chest. (I don't think I'll mind this when we can feel the baby moving, but right now you're just massaging my flab, people)

*You have to pee as frequently as a toddler who's potty training.

*Your students start each class by asking "how's the baby?" and "are you going to name him/her after ME?!?"



And for those of you who are into food cravings... I don't currently "crave" anything, but any and all carbs sound great! Particularly potatoes and corn. And I love drinking milk. Salads taste great when I eat them but I have an unusually short attention span for chopping everything up (bought a bagged salad to try to help that...)

And now I'm off to my day of errands and appointments... looking forward to Texas Caviar with James tonight but a little unsure of how that's going to work with my confused little digestive system!

This is the day that the LORD has made, let us rejoice and BE GLAD in it!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I know, isn't it crazy how EVERYONE is an expert on pregnancy...even if they have never actually been pregnant? I blame google.

    On a side note, kind of, we heard the baby's heartbeat with the doppler today! It never ceases to surprise me just how fast their little hearts beats. :-)

    ReplyDelete