We have a picture from 6 weeks, where he looks like a little peanut and a few from 9 weeks in which he actually has body parts. Watching the 9 weeks ultrasound was AMAZING! Not only was his little heartbeat clearly visible, but he waved his little hands, kicked his little feet, and nodded his head! It was incredible... the best possible thing since he's still far too small for me to feel him (even growing 1mm per day - no wonder I'm tired - he was only 25mm last week during the ultrasound... at this point he should be about 2 inches long). SO looking forward to hearing the heartbeat on the "doppler" (I still don't actually know what that is, just the mysterious thing that everyone refers to in reference to hearing the baby's heartbeat). I know seeing it should be better, but I'm a musician and can't wait to hear that little thump thump thump! And even more, I can't wait until I feel him move! It should be sometime around my birthday at the end of April :) What a great birthday present to look forward to!
So... I'll get on the photo upload soon... in the mean time, here's a photo of me and James on the first day I went off birth control. That may weird people out, but I was excited :) And I didn't tell James why we were taking a photo until afterward because otherwise he wouldn't have posed with me :P
Just have to warn you, the heartbeat sounds more like a washing machine than an actual "thump thump," at least to me. I'm looking forward to hearing a musician's perspective, though! And seeing the baby move is truly an amazing experience, isn't it? :) So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteThis is a doppler Sarah:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.medcatalog.com/images/Koven/ES100VXprivatelabelbluebackground.jpg
It is just a little handheld machine that magnifies sounds. We use it in lab to find the pedal pulse (the pulse in your foot) and it is kind of a rhythmic "whoosh whoosh" sound. It is exciting just to be able to find pulses in the feet with it so I can only imagine what it will be like to hear the baby's heartbeat with it!
Sorry, I don't know how to make a link, just copy and paste it into your browser window to see what a doppler looks like.
ReplyDelete