Thursday, March 4, 2010

September 2010 = awesome month :)

It's official... I get to become a new Mom and a new Aunt in the SAME MONTH! How fantastic is that?!? I just saw the ultrasound of my new niece or nephew (whose mommy and daddy's names will remain anonymous right now because I don't know whether they're posting this info online yet... I figure between my married brother and James' married siblings there are enough options to throw you interested people for a loop, and if you already know then you already know :P ) This baby is due 3 weeks before mine... it's exciting that we'll have cousins so close together! (and as Jackie mentioned, if baby niece/nephew is late and I'm early, they could even share a birthday!)

ANYWAY, their ultrasound is amazing! It looks like a photo from a medical textbook - perfect little profile shot of the head, body, arms, legs, cord, etc. The baby (also dubbed "he" by "his" parents until otherwise known) is 13 weeks right now and he's so beautiful! Ok, I know, only pregnant women and grandparents think ultrasounds are beautiful/precious/cute/etc... we understand if other people aren't as awed by them as we are... but for those of us going through this major life change, it's just awe-inspiring to see a little tiny person being knit together by our loving creator inside our own bodies. It's kind of surreal.

My ultrasound still looks kind of alien-like. And I was even amazed by that one... I can't wait to see the next one when my baby will look more like his cousin does right now.

Isn't it amazing? Conception, pregnancy, and birth are such a miracle and we take them for granted so often! This is creation, people! These two babies didn't exist last November and now they do. They are brand new people who, although we have yet to meet them and give them names, are already intimately known by Jesus as He knits them together in our wombs. Praise God for his loving-kindness to us! May we be reminded of God's awesome power and majesty displayed in Creation and then awed by His tenderness in the delicacy of a new born baby.

Praise the Lord, oh my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment