It may be a day late, but at least it's here! Saturday I baked bread with a new recipe and I loved the result! I'll include the recipe at the bottom of this post :)
Monday: Taco soup (from the freezer)
Tuesday: Tomato and Pesto Chicken with pasta
Wednesday: Steak and potatoes
Thursday: Taco Salad
Friday: Chicken Pot Pie
Kathy's Whole Wheat Bread
makes 3 loaves
*Combine the following in a mixer bowl:
3 cups wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp salt
3 pkg dry yeast
4 Tbsp gluten (I didn't have any so I omitted this)
*Heat the following in a saucepan until very warm (120-130*)
2 cups water
2 cups milk
1/2 cup oil
*Add the warm liquids and 2 eggs to the dry ingredients and blend on low speed until moist. Beat 3 minutes on medium speed.
*Stir in 5-6 cups white flour, by hand, then mix with mixer. (I used bread flour since I didn't have the gluten mentioned above)
*Separate into 3 bowls to let rise - double in size
*Stir down, put in pans (I lightly sprayed mine with oil), rise 20-30 minutes
*Bake at 375* for 35-40 min. (My two loaves in dark metal pans took 35 min exactly and the one in the glass pan took 40.)
No comments:
Post a Comment