Creamy Chicken Flautas and Black Bean Taquitos with Spanish rice
Spaghetti with meatballs (never got to it last week)
Chicken tenders (or maybe this recipe) with baked fries and salad
Meatloaf with roasted veggies and mashed potatoes (I have a great meatloaf recipe I got from Sally Churgai with horseradish in it!)
Apple Dessert - might make this some time this week - possibly bake the apples? Using regular caramel sauce?
Mini-Peach Cobbler
Last week I made an impromptu dessert for an impromptu date night IN. I diced a large peach and divided between two ramekins. Mixed about 1/4 cup oats with about 2 T brown sugar and several dashes of cinnamon and then spooned it on top of the peaches and topped off the whole deal with a very thin sliver of butter. Baked at 350* for about 20 min, uncovered (although I put a pan on the level above the peaches to prevent burning the topping). YUM-O!
Making a plan and grocery list completely based on that plan last week saved me about $20 off of what I've approximately been spending weekly for the past 5 years... and that was without making an effort to buy sale items. Also didn't include the savings of eating in instead of out, since that's such an easy temptation! I'm looking forward to the continued savings... at least until Andrew is old enough to start eating more than just what I trim off of my plate for him :)
No comments:
Post a Comment