Sunday, October 9, 2011

Birthday Week in Photos: Part One


In anticipation for Andrew's ball-themed birthday play party, James and I bought him a red ball.  He LOVED it and played with it non-stop (even in the car) for 2 weeks!

This was a rare occasion that he was napping too long and we needed to wake him up (so he'd sleep at night) so I took the opportunity to take a photo.  I miss having cute sleeping baby photos since going in while he's sleeping usually wakes him up!

 We took Andrew to the park for the first time (since it wasn't 100* out) and went on the swings!

 After swinging, he was pooped :)  and took a sweet little nap in the car on the way to the restaurant for lunch.


There are few things I love as much as watching Andrew and James together :)

 Music Class is alive and well!  Here we are singing "The Rooster Song."  This time I had the kids pick out photos of animals and we sang through the animals in the order we were sitting.  They were so excited to hold up their photo every time we got to them to do the animal sound for their photo!

 Andrew found James' Geometry textbook and was entertained for about 20 min!  Now, if we can only keep him that studious until he's through college...


The pool in the living room is for the ball pit... the balls just hadn't arrived yet :)  This sweet little onesie was embroidered by my Bible study leader from last year and is just so super sweet!

 Look, Mom, I can do this cool thing with my tongue!

 Aunt Jenn, Uncle George, and Titus came to visit for a week!  We had SO MUCH FUN but of course, the first thing on the activity roster was lunch...

 Great-Aunt Cathi came for the weekend, too!  It was so special to have her here with both boys!

Here we are getting ready for church on Sunday morning :)

Watsons give such good snuggly hugs :)

Poppy also came for the weekend and made us a delicious breakfast!  Thankfully, he had time to pause and play with his first grandson for a few minutes :)

Omelet time!

 Between Sunday school and worship service we stood outside (WOO HOO it wasn't 100*!!!) while I walked Andrew in the stroller to take a quick nap before the baby dedication part of the service.

 I love this shot of Titus!  He has such great facial expressions!

 I love it when James laughs :)  And George.  And it's pretty cool when they're together and happy, too!

Titus gives good Mama snuggles...

...but likes attacking Daddy's nose!


 During the dedication.  I love those boys.

 Thanks, Pastor Brad, for such a thoughtful and scriptural dedication ceremony.

 Andrew's birthday buddy, 'The Texan Titus,' was dedicated at the same time!

 I love the part of the service that the congregation stands and commits to praying for the child's salvation and coming along side the parents and supporting them in raising him to know the Lord.  It was awesome to be on the 'other side' of that part this time!

 Well, two of the three of us are smiling...

 Andrew found his 'big sister' Marlie!

 Well, the ball pit still didn't have any balls so we tossed some other toys in...

 The balls arrived, and Marlie had a blast!  PS - I just noticed her dress makes a heart in the back... hello?  ADORABLE!
Ball themed lunch: cheese balls, meat balls, cherry tomatoes, ball-shaped rolls for sandwiches, ball fruit (clementines) and cupcakes topped with Whoppers and ball-sprinkles :)

I always feel stupid posing for photos like this, but it's one of the few photos of me from the day, so I'm glad we have it!  Haha

 Aunt Jackie and Uncle Nathan (brought the balls - THANKS!) and Hannah and Evie drove up here after church and we had a fun time playing with them!

 First Cupcake time... of course James insisted it would be chocolate ;)

 Hmm... never seen this before...

 Maybe I should squish it...

 Everyone's telling me to eat it.  This is confusing.  Usually Momma tells me to NOT put things in my mouth.  Well, might as well try it...

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment