Sunday, February 27, 2011

Baby Games

Dear Andrew,
Tonight you played "hide and seek" with Daddy. It took us a little while to figure out what you were doing... you were lying on the couch with Daddy and would turn your head away to look at me for a few seconds and then whip your head around to look at him again and give him a BIG GRIN. After about the fourth time, Daddy caught on and when he repeated the action you dissolved into giggles :) What an adorable (and smart!) little boy you are!

Other newsworthy events to record for being 4 1/2 months old...
*You cut your first two teeth this week! They are the bottom front teeth (which is normal... not like Mommy, who cut her canines first.) Frozen washcloths, the "raspberry" pacifier/teether, and the nearest toy (or anything near you that you're not supposed to have) are your favorite things to chew on.

*You were trying to move to a 4 hour schedule before you started teething. Now we're definitely back on a 3 hour schedule, except for when you decide not to nap... which is... fun.

*You started wearing 12 month pants. This is due, primarily, to the sweet cloth diapers you wear. That, and the fact that at 17+ lb you need 6-9 month clothes anyway. I'm comforted that you're only the 80th percentile for 4 months (both height and weight) so you're not actually enormous.

*You fell asleep leaning against me sitting up on the couch yesterday. It was super adorable. It was all I could do to move you to your bed instead of enjoying you being all snuggled up next to me!

*Your smile lights up the room and when you laugh my hear positively melts.

*I'm reminded of what it felt like to have you move inside me when you try to climb up my belly while I'm burping you. You have strong little legs :)

*Last night I stood and watched you sleep for at least 10 minutes. I am torn between wanting to keep you so little and sweet forever and thinking I can't wait to see what you're going to be like as a little boy, a teenager, and a man. I can't wait. Please stay a baby a little while longer.

*This week we took a walk in your new "big boy" (umbrella) stroller. You wore shorts, your new shoes, and a hat. You didn't look like a baby. You were so cute I just wanted to snuggle you the whole time. Please stay a baby a little while longer.

*You LOVE IT when Daddy plays peek-a-boo with you in the bathroom mirror.

*You stopped rolling over. What's up with that?

*You love standing up on our laps with us just holding your hands.

*You still love it when we sing to you.

*You were flirting with the women at BSF the last two times we were there. You're too young to have girlfriends. Plus, they're all too old for you. I suggest waiting for Baby Chloe to grow up and then marrying her so we can be in-laws with her Mommy and Daddy :)

*You still enjoy looking out the window when we drive in the car. You're getting better about staying awake in the car for longer periods of time, but you inevitably fall asleep as we're entering our neighborhood... I wish you'd wait until we got home so you could nap in bed!

*We read a Bible story every night before bed, and before most naps. You love looking at the pictures. It helps you go to sleep more relaxed, without crying.

*Your favorite book (other than the Jesus Storybook Bible) is "Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes." I love reading it to you and you love looking at the pictures and trying to turn the pages.

*I love and cherish the time we spend together nursing. I love the hand-touching games we play, the way rubbing your feet relaxes you, the little smile you give me when you're done with "side one," the wimper when I start moving you around to "side two," and the big grin and conversation in baby-talk I get when you're full.


I love that I get to stay home with you, my sweet baby. I wouldn't trade this time with you for anything. You are a precious, wonderful part of our family and I love you very much!

1 comment: