Monday, February 27, 2012

Addendum

So I wrote this the day after the last post but didn't get it uploaded. Since then Andrew has added another one or two words daily... list is too long to include!


Well I knew I’d forgotten a few words that Andrew has been saying… here are the ones he casually used this morning that I missed on the earlier list, lol

yi-yah (lion)
rah (roar) 
yahya (jacket) 
shuh (shirt) 
patz (pants) 
soh/shoh (sock) 
shu/sho (shoe) 
ha (hat) 
dis (this, while pointing) 
cohloh (color – referring to crayons usually) 
pleh (play/get down from high chair) 
wah (wall) 
foh (phone, although when it rings he announces that it’s “Tahddy!!!” lol) 
phoo (food) 
yah (ice)

He ate fish sticks for the first time last night and loved them!  He especially enjoyed dipping them in cocktail sauce :P  YAY I have another protein he’ll eat ;)  AND he ate an entire container of baby food squash at dinner last night AND at lunch today!  This sounds a lot less exciting when I type it than how it felt when he actually ate them.  Hmm.  How did James and I birth a picky eater?!?

He also loves water.  Bath time is a super fun activity, as is watching it rain out the window, walking to another window to see the rain on the other side of the house, drinking water (with ice like Daddy!) out of his new car cup, identifying water in the sink, toilet, washing machine, or on TV or in pictures.  Yay water.

This morning he sat contently on his bean bag (thanks, Uncle George and Aunt Jen!) and watched ½ of a Baby Einstein video while I got up in the attic.  We’re definitely not letting him watch tv on a regular basis, but we also don’t want to make it such a special thing that he obsesses over it.  He’s seen two videos so far – the first is an introduction to the instruments in an orchestra (of course!) which is good but doesn’t hold his attention too long (which is also good – I like that he goes to play after about 7 or 8 minutes and ignores it).   The second is one I picked up for $1 at the most recent baby sale and it’s baby’s first places (around down, at home, at the park, etc.) and it has both an adult woman and two children demonstrating the sign language words for each place/thing.  He LOVES it.  Especially the puppets’ play – totally cracks up J  It’s so sweet to watch and I’m learning the signs, too!

And with that cuteness, we’re off to visit our sweet friends who are moving to Connecticut :(

No comments:

Post a Comment