Andrew cut a molar on Monday. Today I was playing "upside down baby" with him and noticed definitely two, possibly three, more molars immediately below the gums. And feeling the gums with my fingers I felt sharp points poking up for two of them. Sigh. Poor baby. I'm amazed... I'd have never guessed he was teething that badly based on how sweet he's been! Just extra snuggly when he's tired.
Is it normal to have 12 teeth by the first birthday? Is it normal to get the first 8 between months 4 and 7, then no teething for 4 months, and then get 4 molars in 10 days?
I don't think anyone is "normal" when it come to teething. E had two teeth by four months. Then four months later he got two more. Then four more came in, and just after one year, he had sixteen teeth when eight teeth kind of came in all at once. Those molars are rough, huh?
ReplyDeleteI just like to tell myself that he'll be done with teething for awhile, so he'll get a nice reprieve. Hopefully Andrew will too!