I got a reality check earlier this week when I went to visit Aunt Cathi, Uncle Nathan, and Crystal (more about this visit coming soon, with photos :). Crystal has an adorable new puppy. Well, he's not really a puppy because he's 3 years old, but he's the size of a puppy.
Bentley is a 2.5 lb teacup poodle. I have decided that 2.5 lb is actually remarkably big. I now think that an 8 lb baby must be much bigger than a 2.5 lb dog and I'm starting to get nervous. I can imagine giving birth to something the size of Bentley, but unfortunately that would be a very unhealthy baby. How do I sign up for a 3-week-early-but-still-healthy-6-pound-baby?
All I can say is try not to think about it too hard! Evan was 8 lbs., 14.9 oz. and Nathan was 8 lbs., 3 oz. -- and both of them were early (6 and 8 days, respectively)! But it actually wasn't as bad as it seems like it should be when you really think about it.
ReplyDeleteSo here is my recipe for a healthy early delivery....3 weeks prior go down the big slide at Pump it Up with a two year old multiple times and then go to an Aggie Football game and climb the stairs to the 3rd deck. Worked for me but I can't make any promises for sweet baby boy Barnes. Praise God His recipes are always better than ours.
ReplyDelete