Saturday, May 29, 2010

That's All, Folks!

Well, yesterday I turned in my keys to the Band Hall at Pin Oak. After five years, I'm no longer a Middle School Band Director. It's a strange combination of relief, excitement, regret (at what else I could have done while I was there), and nostalgia. It's been such a strange/funny/weird/bizarre experience working with middle school kids that as I walked out of the building I really wanted to hear the end music of Looney Toons with a big "That's All, Folks!" I'm such a nerd...


Things I'm looking forward to this summer:
*Re-organizing furniture & setting up the baby stuff
*Having a garage sale
*Sewing baby room stuff and hopefully living room curtains
*Fruit picking and canning (peaches and blueberries first!)
*Regularly listening to symphonic music (Rimsky-Korsokov today :)
*Attending an entire Adult Sunday School series for the first time in 5 years!
*Eating produce from my little garden (LOTS of tomatoes today!)
*Finishing Kodaly class & certification!
*Visitors!!! Laura/Amy/Beck/Kim/Jess in June, and Laura/Sarah in August :)
*Visiting Mom & George/Jenn & having a double baby shower :)
*Quality time with James: walking, scripture reading, getting ready for baby
*NOT spending 2 weeks in the car for our annual road trip (I'll miss seeing people, but not the time in the car!!!)
*Scrap-booking shower for Shauna
*AIR CONDITIONING

Yesterday I took a bath and while I was sitting there enjoying the warm water, Baby Barnes started moving and I could see my belly move!

Last week a few of James' students gave him baby gifts. One night he got home really late from a school function and I had already gone to bed. He was SO EXCITED about the baby gift (a super cute pair of cargo shorts and ADORABLE little sweater vest) that he came in and woke me up to show me! He was so cute :) And another couple of kids got a 3 month t-shirt that says "My Dad is the World's Greatest Statistics Teacher." Gotta love those gifted and talented high school students :)

I would be remiss to not mention how thankful I am for the all of the service men and women (and their families) for their service to our country, especially this Memorial Day Weekend. Frustration with the political issues at hand put aside, this really is a pretty great place to live. THANK YOU to all of our family members and friends who have served in the armed forces!

No comments:

Post a Comment